Welcome! Bienvenida! 欢迎！वेलकम ! welkom!
The general goal of our research is to understand enzymatic transformations that are of environmental or pharmaceutical importance. We utilize both synthetic organic chemistry and molecular biology techniques to reach this goal, and have two current project areas in our laboratory: lantibiotics and phosphonate antibiotics.
- 2019/10/08 Congratulations to Page Daniels and Imran Rahman for winning Fall 2019 Biochemistry Graduate Student Travel Grant awards.
- 2019/09/19 New paper in Biochemistry: congratulations to Dr. Graeme Howe!
- 2019/09/18 New paper in ChemBioChem: congratulations to Drs. Liujie Huo, Jeella Acedo, and Xiling Zhao!
- 2019/08/27 New paper in Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA: congratulations to Dr. Ian Bothwell and Terry Kim!
- 2019/08/26 Former vanderlander, Dr. Juan Velasquez, and his team at P&G were recognized with the 2020 ACS Award for Affordable Green Chemistry for their work in the development of a new catalyst and gas-phase dehydration process for the production of acrylic acid from lactic acid.
- 2019/08/01 Congratulations to Dr. Jeella Acedo for accepting an assistant professorship position at Mount Royal University, Canada.
- 2019/07/28 Congratulations to Emily Desormeaux and Sara Eslami for making the spring 2019 “List of Teachers Ranked as Outstanding by Their Students” for TAing CHEM 332 and 233, respectively.
- 2019/07/19 New paper in Science: congratulations to Drs. Chi Ting and Michael Funk!
- 2019/07/01 Congratulations to former vanderlander, Prof. Russ Pesavento, for being awarding an NIH K08 grant for his project “Novel Biofilm Inhibitors of Oral Streptococci.“
Check out all van der Donk Lab News!