Welcome! Bienvenida! 欢迎！वेलकम ! welkom!
The general goal of our research is to understand enzymatic transformations that are of environmental or pharmaceutical importance. We utilize both synthetic organic chemistry and molecular biology techniques to reach this goal, and have two current project areas in our laboratory: lantibiotics and phosphonate antibiotics.
- 2019/11/16 Congratulations to vanderland undergrad, Alondra Sanchez, for winning Outstanding Poster Award titled “The Structure-Activity Relationships of Enterococcal Cytolysin” sponsored by the UIUC Women Chemists Committee and presented at the 4th annual ECI ACS Undergraduate Research Conference.
- 2019/11/12 Congratulations to Dr. Linna An for earning her PhD and taking a postdoc position at the University of Washington (2020).
- 2019/10/08 Congratulations to Page Daniels and Imran Rahman for winning Fall 2019 Biochemistry Graduate Student Travel Grant awards.
- 2019/09/19 New paper in Biochemistry: congratulations to Dr. Graeme Howe!
- 2019/09/18 New paper in ChemBioChem: congratulations to Drs. Liujie Huo, Jeella Acedo, and Xiling Zhao!
- 2019/08/27 New paper in Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA: congratulations to Dr. Ian Bothwell and Terry Kim!
- 2019/08/26 Former vanderlander, Dr. Juan Velasquez, and his team at P&G were recognized with the 2020 ACS Award for Affordable Green Chemistry for their work in the development of a new catalyst and gas-phase dehydration process for the production of acrylic acid from lactic acid.
- 2019/08/01 Congratulations to Dr. Jeella Acedo for accepting an assistant professorship position at Mount Royal University, Canada.
Check out all van der Donk Lab News!