Welcome! Bienvenida! 欢迎！वेलकम ! welkom!
The general goal of our research is to understand enzymatic transformations that are of environmental or pharmaceutical importance. We utilize both synthetic organic chemistry and molecular biology techniques to reach this goal, and have two current project areas in our laboratory: lantibiotics and phosphonate antibiotics.
- 2019/04/16 Congratulations to Max Simon for being selected to present an oral presentation titled “Filling in the Gaps: Complete Biosynthetic Pathway to Fosfomycin in Pseudomonads” during the UIUC BIOE Graduate Research Symposium on Friday, May 3, 2019.
- 2019/03/28 Congratulations to Max Simon for receiving a UIUC Graduate College Conference Travel Award for his poster titled, “Filling in the Gaps: Complete Biosynthetic Pathway to Fosfomycin in Pseudomonads” at the 26th Enzyme Mechanisms Conference.
- 2019/02/12 Congratulations to Chunyu ‘Layla’ Wu for winning a Winter 2019 UIUC Department of Biochemistry Travel Grant.
- 2019/01/14 New paper in eLife: congratulations to
- 2018/12/24 New paper in ACS Infect. Dis.: congratulations to Chunyu ‘Layla’ Wu, Subhanip Biswas, and Dr. Chantal Garcia De Gonzalo.
- 2018/12/20 New paper in Org. Biomol. Chem.: congratulations to Drs. Despina Bougioukou, Chi P. Ting, Spencer Peck, and Subha Mukherjee.
- 2018/12/10 Congratulations to Dr. Zhengan Zhang for earning his PhD.
Check out all van der Donk Lab News!