Welcome! Bienvenida! 欢迎！वेलकम ! welkom!
The general goal of our research is to understand enzymatic transformations that are of environmental or pharmaceutical importance. We utilize both synthetic organic chemistry and molecular biology techniques to reach this goal, and have two current project areas in our laboratory: lantibiotics and phosphonate antibiotics.
- 2018/12/10 Congratulations to Dr. Zhengan Zhang for earning his PhD.
- 2018/11/28 Congratulations to Dr. Kwo-Kwang ‘Abraham’ Wang for earning his PhD and taking a postdoc position at MIT (2019).
- 2018/10/18 Congratulations to Page Daniels for passing her preliminary exam.
- 2018/10/1 Alumnus Dr. Yi Yu accepted a position as a research scientist at Beam Therapeutics.
- 2018/09/16 Congratulations to Dr. Chi Ting for receiving an NIH F32 Ruth L. Kirschstein Postdoctoral Individual National Research Service Award for his project “A Genome-Mining Strategy for identification of new antibiotics produced by short LanB enzymes.”
- 2018/09/11 New paper in Nat. Comm.: congratulations to Nick Lai and Dr. Zedu Huang.
- 2018/09/04 Congratulations to Dr. Kenton Hetrick for earning his PhD and taking a postdoc position at MIT (2018).
- 2018/09/03 New paper in Nat. Chem. Biol.: congratulations to Linna An.
- 2018/09/01 Dr. David Krist was awarded a Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (IGB) Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Mining Microbial Genomes (MMG) Research Theme.