Welcome! Bienvenida! 欢迎！वेलकम ! welkom!
The general goal of our research is to understand enzymatic transformations that are of environmental or pharmaceutical importance. We utilize both synthetic organic chemistry and molecular biology techniques to reach this goal, and have two current project areas in our laboratory: lantibiotics and phosphonate antibiotics.
- 2020/01/07 Congratulations to Dr. Chang He for earning her PhD and accepting a position at Kumquat Biosciences.
- 2019/12/10 Congratulations to Dr. Kuan-Yu ‘Nick’ Lai for earning his PhD (2020).
- 2019/11/21 New paper in J. Am. Chem. Soc.: congratulations to Dr. Zhengan Zhang!
- 2019/11/16 Congratulations to vanderland undergrad, Alondra Sanchez, for winning Outstanding Poster Award titled “The Structure-Activity Relationships of Enterococcal Cytolysin” sponsored by the UIUC Women Chemists Committee and presented at the 4th annual ECI ACS Undergraduate Research Conference.
- 2019/11/13 New paper in Nature: congratulations to Imran Rahman!
- 2019/11/12 Congratulations to Dr. Linna An for earning her PhD and taking a postdoc position at the University of Washington (2020).
Check out all van der Donk Lab News!